Work-based learning. Rethink the solution to workforce challenges
In today’s full-employment economy businesses are struggling to attract, develop and retain the workforce needed to sustain and grow their company. With 94% of students uninterested in the skilled trades due to lack of exposure and training, talent shortages are exploding.
GPS Education Partners helps businesses navigate labor pool challenges by preparing the Next-Gen workforce through work-based learning solutions. We collaborate with clients to recruit—and develop—talent based on the skills needed and the culture businesses wish to establish.
Let us help navigate your work-based learning solution
Work-based learning is our singular focus, and we’ve been doing it for nearly two decades. We’ll simplify your process by helping design, build, execute and evaluate a WBL program. With our accelerated, customized and outcomes-based approach, we design proven solutions to meet your desired outcomes. We serve as the intermediary that connects businesses, high schools and community organizations to form balanced partnerships and sustainable solutions.
Start a partnership with GPS Education Partners
We’ll work with you to craft the perfect work-based learning program for your needs.
You have an idea for your work-based learning program. Let's start there to refine a custom, WBL solution. Businesses, schools and students look to us to solve workforce development challenges. Communities thank us for building meaningful career paths that help close the talent pipeline gap.
Youth Apprenticeship Programs
Hundreds of businesses have engaged with us to make work-based learning—work. Our Youth Apprenticeship model is an immersive experience aligned to educator and industry standards. Certified by the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development, students earn a high school diploma and walk away with stackable, portable credentials that increase employability.
Building sustainable WBL programs
We help prepare customized WBL solutions based on your needs and desired outcomes. We do this by engaging schools and communities, planning and executing the strategy, and leading with you every step of the way to create a program that effectively grows your talent pipeline.
Service Delivery Model for Employers
The four-step process to program success
Your talent pipeline solution starts here
- Evaluate business workforce needs and support
- Establish job(s) competency and skill requirements
- Create and map career pathways
- Align curriculum and credentials
- Engage schools and communities
Your pilot program is underway
- Recruit and Assess Students
- Create individual student training plans
- Provide client /partner training
- Assess and support all pilot activities
- Develop and deploy WBL tools and resources
Your scalable solution is working
- Deploy full program to scale
- Update credentials and curriculum
- Deliver program playbook for replication
- Provide systems and tools for consistent execution
- Monitior and report on quality outcome measures
Your solution is refined for sustainability
- Provide data-driven tracking tools
- Maintain student class and work reviews
- Evaluate impact and outcomes for continuous improvement
- Plan and execute expansion strategy
- Administer competency-based student assessments
When evaluating your WBL program you may find the following resources helpful. These are some of the same organizations we work with to develop customized solutions for our students, business partners and educational institutions.
Center for Apprenticeship and Work-based Learning
Overview of Wisconsin Youth Apprenticeship Program
Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development Youth Apprenticeship Dashboard
New America – Partnership for Advancement of Youth Apprenticeship (PAYA)
Jobs for the Future National Nonprofit Organization
Not ready to start a work-based learning program but want to help support GPSEd? Help more students through their work-based learning journey by making a donation.